About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Saturday 23 April 2011

Life is full of suprises

I was going to come here today and moan, whinge and whine blog about how 30 day shred was so unbelievable horrible yesterday. It was. The weather was hot, I was really tired and I had a horrible headache that I just couldn't shift. But I still shredded.

When I started I had thought that the headache was under control and had gone into hiding after being beaten with paracetamol. Oh no. As soon as I started there it was. I had to take some of the stuff easy and had to adapt a couple of the more bouncy bits because my head just couldn't take it. But I saw it through to the end. I had a ready made and fully justifiable get out clause right there tormenting me the whole way through but I carried on. Can you tell I am more than a bit proud of myself. So there is surprise number 1. I could have skipped a day, free from guilt but I didn't.

Surprise number two has just cropped up. I just shredded for today and it was the best one yet. I felt really comfortable doing it. Yes I am typing this with sweat running down my face and my work out clothes REALLY need to go in the wash (Sorry!) but I did it, I kept up and at least half of it is at the harder end of the options.

Oh and did I mention I have shredded every single day for 15 days now. That is definitely surprise number 3! I can see the difference and I can sure as heck feel the difference. I am no where near ready to move on to level 3 yet but I don't care. I am enjoying it and it is working. Jillian Michaels may be completely insane and a bit of a sadist (disclaimer: this may be an exaggeration!). but she sure knows how to design an effective workout!

Now I am off for a cool drink and shower. Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome!!!!!! Thats just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Candy. Trust me say when I am amazed. To put it in perspective I hate exercise, I haven't done any with any regularity since secondary school and on the first day I couldn't get through the whole of level 1 without stopping and ached in places I didn't know could ache for the first 3 days. I look forward to reading how you go with it just as soon as you get your dvd player back. :oD

    ReplyDelete