About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Sunday 24 April 2011

4 weeks ago tomorrow....

... I started this blog and the beginning of my journey to, once and for all, losing weight and getting healthy. Starting this blog has been so helpful. I have been able to 'talk' through things which have been on my mind that might otherwise have had me give up. I have had somewhere to put down my plans for dealing with struggles that I can go back to again if I need to remind myself. I have found solutions to problems while I have typed. I have been keeping a record of my progress blanket and exercise. I have read blogs of some amazing people who. Some at the start of a similar journey, some part way through and some who are 'at the end' but living the way they have learnt works best for them.

  I am not following anyone else's diet plan. I am doing what works for me. It is slow. But I feel so much better than I did 4 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I was feeling a bit despondent. All I could see was that I have begun this journey so many times before. This time I am not following anyone else's map. I have my own route to where I want to be. It's maybe got a few detours on it but I am going to get to where I want to be this time. This time I know I can do it. Before I have always set myself long term goals. This is bad for me. When I did that I would always end up thinking 'well, it's ages away so a bit less effort this week won't matter'. Then get to that date I had originally planned to reach xxx pounds by and think 'oh well, never mind. I obviously just can't do this'. So short term goals this time with a long term aim. Short term goals being a weekly weight loss goal, long term aim being get healthy.

 If you are reading this, have commented on posts I have written or have a blog that I have come across in the last month then thank you. I'm doing this but I find immense support in all those things.

2 comments: