About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Sunday 12 June 2011

What a miserable day!

You know those grey, soggy, wet, icky days? Well that is what we have where I am today. It is just plain miserable. I don't mind those sort of days in the Autumn but it is late spring here and I want sun. As a result I am feeling pretty sulky. Of course that could also be something to do with the way TOM is messing me about. It is here (finally) but has brought with it a bit of water retention. I am so very unimpressed by this. This week of all weeks it is not welcome. I have done my bit of making sure I get out there and exercise. Even this morning when I went out to do C25K in the drizzle. I have kept on top of food and eaten as planned with the exception of one chocolate bar. In the past I have had a tendency to lose rather than gain when TOM rolls around. I guess this might be one of those things I will just have to accept with my body changing.

Ah well. I do have a couple of NSV's to brighten my day. I am sitting typing this wearing one of my snuggliest pairs of pyjamas. I have worn the top for a long time. It is one of those flannel shirt tops. I have the buttons done up and there is, as my husband just so delicately put it "No straining in the top". He has a way with words bless him. :oD

The other NSV is running related. After my not so good C25K week 4 run on Friday I decided to stick with week 3 for now. This morning I found the 90 second runs easy, even thinking "Is that bit done already?". The first 3 minute run was also manageable and finished before I expected (remember I don't clock watch anymore as it distracts me, I wait for the podcast to tell me). The second one wasn't so good and I had to stop after 2 1/2 minutes. My legs were very achey (which I put down to TOM, it has a lot to answer for this month!) and didn't want to go a second more. I did do the remaining 30 seconds after a bit of walking. I was still pleased though because my ability to breathe whilst running has improved massively.

Tomorrow entries open for the 10k race I plan to do with my step dad and brother. Scary. I will also get to see, officially, how much I weigh in at after my week of getting back to being properly aware of food and exercise. I am preparing myself for seeing a small gain on the scales rather than the loss I was really hoping for. That is ok. I know it will be because of TOM and after another week I will be able to see the loss. I figure too that if I can talk myself into being ok with that then it is another NSV of sorts.

I shall make my theme tune for this week Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. If you don't know it head off to You tube, it is bound to be there. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to remember sometimes that results are long term..after a week of hard work you want to see the evidence on the scale. You are right, it will be there the following week. A nice substantial drop. Good luck with the running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one reason I think I am sticking with this. In the past I have focused on the next week and if it hasn't been good then I start to fall off track. This time I am going day to day but trying to appreciate that each day adds up to a whole lot of time and that whole lot of time will equal a lot more than just one day.

    ReplyDelete