About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Tuesday 21 June 2011

So it's true, you can run for longer if you slow down

Last week when I was running with my husband and then again when he was nearby playing with Bookworm and Hyperboy he was watching the speed I run at. I have been really struggling to get past 3 minute blocks of running. Husband suggested that if I slow my pace down a bit I would probably find that I could run for longer time. This was met with scepticism by me. I really felt that if I slow down then I wouldn't really be moving.

Last night on my weekly trip back from dropping Bookworm at a group I decided to give it a go. I set out slowly and just carried on until I needed to walk. I managed 5m 22s of running. Darn, the man is right. After 1 minute of walking I ran for another 2m 30s before being almost home.

My right knee is a little sore but I think the cause of that is the gears on my bike not changing properly on Sunday and jarring my knee a bit. I will take it easy for a couple of days and with a bit of luck it will be back to normal. I am looking forward to my next run as it will be the longer route (by longer I mean 2.3 miles compared to the 0.94 miles I did last night) on Thursday.

I am thinking of changing my weigh in day. For the next two weeks I won't be able to weigh in on a Monday anyway so now is as good a time as any. I am considering making it a Wednesday. It is the day we get fresh fruit and veg delivered and having that there to lead me away from being tempted by other things would be better. Mondays tend to be Old Mother Hubbard time in our food stores so after weighing I am thinking 'hmm we have biscuits and cakes that could do with being eaten'.

No comments:

Post a Comment