About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Thursday 16 June 2011

Mood swings

Food today - no problem. Exercise. Harrumph.

I have a serious case of the grumps right now. I am feeling very frustrated and seriously doubting my ability to get to the point where I can run 10k for next May. I went out this evening to do c25k. Even though my legs were a bit tired after yesterdays double 30DS and gardening session I stupidly decided that I would give week 4 a go. After last week deciding to hold off on moving up. I seriously need to have a little lot more patience.

I managed the first 3 minutes running after the 5 minute warm up but I am nowhere near ready to move up to being able to run for 5 minutes. From the moment I started (what was supposed to be) the first 5 minute block I knew it was a mistake to move up. You'd think I would have learnt my lesson from my last attempt to move up. As a result I am now sat here feeling very miserable and sulking. I can also frequently heard to be mumbling "I can't even run for 3 minutes at a time. What makes me think I will be able to run a full 10k". Grump, grouch, mumble.

I know that in reality I have another 11 months before the run. I know that I have made a huge amount of progress in the last (nearly) 3 months. I know that as I move on the increases won't seem so big. But right now I am annoyed. I am annoyed with myself for letting myself be lazy for the last 20 years (ie since childhood). I am annoyed with myself for trying to move on too quickly. I am annoyed with myself for being annoyed! Yes it is an absurd situation.

I have nothing constructive to say right now. I am going to label this post 'read this when you can run for 5 minutes and again when you can run for 10'. At that point I can laugh about how flipping stupid this all sounds.

2 comments:

  1. hey, nothing to feel down about! Running is hard, I think people take it for granted that they can run but a lot can't. You have to keep going hun. Four weeks ago, I struggled to run one minute intervals and today I did eight minute runs. It's not impossible!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep going, no question about that. I am just annoyed that I can't progress faster. Today I am doing my best to remember that I am not just doing the running so it isn't going to be as quick. My body is tired.
    Very impressed about the 8 minute runs. :oD

    ReplyDelete