About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Tuesday 7 June 2011

abcdefood

I have stolen this from Sarah at running for myself. A woman who has made a remarkable change to her life.

A is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?
I'm going to cheat and have two. I like Pink lady but I adore Spartan apples.

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
My husband bakes bread. My absolute favourite has to be the olive bread he makes. I am a lucky woman.

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
I'm not a huge cereal fan but if I do have some then I really like Rude health's 'The granola'.

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
Until 5 months ago I had only ever tried jam filled doughnuts. Then my baking husband made some plain ones. They were goooooood but I am still a raspberry jam filled doughnut girl..

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
I really like a fried egg sandwich. The yolk has to be runny enough to spread around.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
I don't buy any fat free alternatives so I would have to say in season strawberries.

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
All over the place. Abel and Cole veg box scheme, supermarket internet delivery and farmers market.

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Bleurgh. I don't do hot drinks. Actually that is not strictly true. I like hot chocolate but it has the be the real deal made with milk and actual chocolate.

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Ben and Jerry's fairly nuts. Mmmmmm

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
My Mum makes both so whenever we head home we come away with pots of it. At the moment in my fridge there is raspberry, strawberry, pear apple and plum, gooseberry, blackcurrant, redcurrant and mint.

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Never heard of them.

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
It's 8am here so I'll do yesterdays. I had some delicious bean and salad wraps.

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
I don't have a microwave. I prefer 'real' food cooked slowly.

N: is for nutrients, do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Given where I am it is plain to see I have had far too many fats.

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Olive oil.

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
Meat, fish, eggs and cheese.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
Soaked overnight in a little fresh orange juice. In the morning mixed with some fresh fruit, raisins, pumpkin seeds and yogurt.

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Beef. Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, stacks of steamed veg and lashings of gravy. You can't beat a roast dinner.

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
I love ham salad sandwiches.

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
When I am travelling (which happens very rarely) handling eating is easy and I tend to lose rather than gain because I don't have food to pick at.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
I'm not sure, I don't think I eat anything too weird.

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
Occasionally vitamin c if I am feeling a little run down.

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Nay.

X: is for XRAY. if we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
My breakfast (see Q)

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Tinned Heinz spaghetti and toast.

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
In pasta sauces, in place of lasagne sheets, grated into cakes, raw in salads. I used to hate the stuff but now I use it a lot.

YOUR TURN. Pick a letter and tell me what YOU like! Or let me know if you fill this out on your own blog so I can see what you eat be nosey!

No comments:

Post a Comment