About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Friday 6 May 2011

I'm still here

Thank you for the lovely words after my moment yesterday. I have picked my toys up and put them back in my pram. I love the fact that those who commented seemed to get that I don't respond well to bossiness and need a bit of gentle steering. I am obstinate. Extremely. In fact I will always be proud of the fact that the head of year said exactly that in my school report in my first year at secondary school. I took that as a compliment. :o} When it came to exam time my home economics teacher told me that I might as well accept that I wasn't going to get any higher than an E grade in my exam. Red rag to a bull. I got a C. Not great but I proved her wrong. It only took me 12 years to realise she knew that was exactly what would happen!

Anyway. I didn't give up, I didn't binge and I stuck within my own plans. I made a start on my 7th blanket square and watched a programme on online tv.

I am back on full power today and have just shredded. If anyone had told me 3 weeks ago that I would be a) doing it everyday, b)doing level 3 within the 30 days and c) enjoying it I would have laughed at them. But I have done all of those things. I set myself a goal of doing it for 30 days in a row. Two days left to go and I will have. I need to make a plan for Monday onwards. So here it is;

Monday - Shred - Go back to level 2 and if I feel like I can do more then follow it up with level 1
Tuesday - Shred - level 1 in the morning. In the afternoon when taking DD to her swimming lesson wear workout clothes and run for as much of the journey as I can while DD and DS cycle.
Wednesday - Go swimming in the evening.
Thursday -Day off - if I feel like I can in the evening then do shred - level 1
Friday - Shred level 3
Saturday - Shred level 2 (+ level 1 if I can)
Sunday - Shred level 1 (+level 2 if I can).

This is a one week only plan because our weeks vary a bit and I want to see how it goes to begin with. It is heavily in favour of shredding because at the moment I feel comfortable with that.

Oh - and I almost forgot. I have added my name to my blog. So hi from Michelle. There will still be lessofme but I figure I am earning that title and should connect it with my name.

4 comments:

  1. Your work-out plan sounds fab - I wish I had your organisation and motivation! I have the Shred DVD and plan to start doing it over the summer when I am no longer bogged down by revision!!
    Lauren
    alittlelessoflauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, it's the kind of organisation that comes with home educating two children, looking after a house and trying to fit 48 hours worth of stuff into each day. Me and exercise don't get along very well so the fact that I am enjoying shred says a heck of a lot. As for the motivation, that doesn't come easy and never has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! Awesome job with the shreddin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice to meet you Michelle. Glad to see you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete