About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Thursday 25 August 2011

Throwing frustration in the bin instead of stuffing it down my mouth!

OK, I said earlier I was going to make myself be more aware of why I was eating. The challenge arose rather more quickly then I anticipated. This afternoon something has happened that caused me intense frustration. It coincided with a tray of cookies that Hyperboy made cooling on the side. BIG, BAD COMBINATION.

I convinced myself that the first cookie was OK because "I was being a good Mummy and checking out how he had done".
Second one "This isn't good but they are yummy".
Third one "What am I doing? Surely one would have been plenty".
Fourth one "Oh yeah, I am meant to be thinking about this and working out why. OK, I am in a bad mood, I am annoyed and there is nothing I can do about it. So I have eaten these instead.".

At that point I still had half a cookie left in my hand. I stood there staring at the cookie. Then I threw it in the bin. My frustration hasn't eased any, I am still really angry but I have only made it 3 1/2 cookies worse rather than an entire tray full.

I can still salvage today by replacing part of my tea with salad and still making sure I get a decent healthy meal. I have work to do on this. A lot of work. But I will get there.

2 comments:

  1. I would thin tea has less calories than a salad! I havent eaten one salad since I started my journey!

    Great job on the half cookie, I would have had to put detergent on top of it after I put it in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't too much of a hardship to have salad, I quite like it. I find it just has to have the right foods in to make it tasty. Plus the salad was replacing chips (um, fries I think in US). Admittedly they were oven chips but still, having the salad instead meant 144 kcals (including the dressing) instead of 258 kcals. Not a massive difference but enough to mean I didn't go over my target for the day by quite so much.

    Here we have food waste collections seperate to the normal rubbish. It meant that throwing that half cookie out meant it was nestling in between scraps from children's plates, muddy vegetable peelings and moulding food waste. No detergent needed. ;o)

    ReplyDelete