About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Two posts in two days. That hasn't happened for a while!

Yesterday was a good day. I stuck to my food plan and did manage to go out for a run in the evening. My short, fast run consisted of 1.01 miles and took me 9m 56s. To say I am chuffed to bits at being able to run a mile in under 10 minutes is something of an understatement.

I think it is going to take me a fair bit of effort and determination to get back on my journey but for now my main focus is trying to make sure I get back to eating properly rather than grazing all day long. Grazing all day would probably be fine if I were eating sensible things but when it is mostly cakes and chocolate that I am grazing on that's not so good!

Today has been a good day too. Mostly. I did eat an un-necessary and un-planned chocolate bar at lunchtime but it was a 15g bar of good quality, dark chocolate so I will go easy on myself there.

One thing that I have noticed since I started this journey is how much of a good impact it has had on my children. They have always been healthy and active but are now even stronger, healthier and fitter than ever before. For that I give myself an A+.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, chocolate...I have been on a chocolate kick lately too. Glad to see you getting back on track. IT's hard once you slide off. You can do it though. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete