About Me

I am a 33 year old mum of two who has spent her entire teenage and adult life struggling with her weight. I am not going to struggle with it anymore. I am in charge!

Thursday 31 March 2011

Up and down

Mostly this is already getting easier. There have been a couple of things which haven't been so easy though.

I had a meal with friends this week that was a long standing arrangement so I didn't worry too much about that but I was sensible about the choices I made when it came to food. I am taking the approach that I am being very strict on myself most of the time. Given what I said in my last post about occasionally becoming frequently I am trying really hard to stay sensible about it though.

I know that life isn't going to always give me opportunities to follow a strict eating plan so have decided to look at it another way. Most of the time, normal day to day life, I am going to make sure I eat really well. When meals out, trips to visit friends, parties come up I am going to approach it from the following point of view.
1) If I have some idea of what food is going to be available the I can plan out in my head what to eat before I get there.
2) If I don't know what food is going to be on offer then I am going to plan carefully the days either side of and the day of the event. I will make sure that I am eating really healthily before and after. For the after bit I am going to plan a few days so that I don't go off track.
3) I am not going to be too hard on myself if I go somewhere and there is food that doesn't fit in with my planned way of eating. If I do that I know that I am going to end up feeling deprived. When that happens I know that I will end up eating junk to compensate over the following days.

I am also finding that breakfast isn't working too well for me. In theory it should be. I am eating eggs with something else (veggies and occasionally bacon). Now I know that this 'should' be a filling breakfast but it isn't really having that effect with me. I am trying to work out if it is in my head or if it is actually not working for me. In the meantime I am looking at different porridge options that aren't loaded with sugar. I know that porridge is something that works for me. I can eat it for breakfast and it fills me up and keeps me full.

I am quite pleased that although there have been a couple of downs I have been able to think clearly about them, identify the problems with them and start coming up with solutions. I am only 3 days in but I already feel like I have made a lot of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment